Monday, October 19, 2009

I Suck At The Fours

Tonight, Karen and I decided to dine out. The location: The Fours in Norwell. Now, I suck at the Fours.

I haven't been to the Fours since August 2. For anyone curious, I just looked through my past blog posts. It's handy having a blog to remember what you did. Who needs crossword puzzles to keep you mentally sharp? Not me!

Anyway, we did not purposely plan on dining at the Fours. Karen was working late at her regular job. When she got off of work, she had to run an errand for her volunteer duties. (Karen volunteers with the Norwell Public Library.)

Apparently, as a means of fund-raising, the Friends of the Norwell Public Library (which is what Karen volunteers with) are raffling off baskets. Among the prizes in one of the baskets is a gift certificate to a restaurant. And you guessed it... that restaurant is the Fours in Norwell.

So since we were already at the Fours picking up the gift certificate, we figured that we would also grab dinner there. After all, by the time we got to the Fours it was rather late and we were both starving.

Sure, it may have seemed a little sketchy: picking up a donated gift certificate only to eat there immediately after picking it up. Like I told Karen, it was the best gift certificate we ever used at the Fours. Just kidding. Of course we did not use the gift certificate. Although, the staff there did joke with us about it.

Anyway, the Fours was delicious. I had a gorgonzola burger. The burger tasted great. Of course, at that point, anything would have tasted great because both Karen and I were starving. And as a side note, every time I think of a gorgonzola burger, I think of Medusa... for no reason other than the fact that "gorgon" is contained within the word gorgonzola. For you Greek mythology buffs, Medusa... and her hair of snakes... is a gorgon. She also could turn people to stone with a gaze. I guess you could call Medusa a "butterface".

Regardless, Karen and I also had the appetizer known as "The Dip". The dip consists of artichokes, spinach, peppers, gruyere (whatever that is), and mozzarella cheese. That too was pretty delicious.

All in all, the meal was very good. Best certificate we ever used... Just kidding.

No comments: