Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Suck At Craft Fairs

Today has been a rarity. Generally, Karen and I have some sort of thing going on in terms of plans. Today... we had nothing. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Perhaps it was the rainy weather. So naturally, what do we end up doing today?

We ended up at a craft fair. Now, I suck at craft fairs. I find craft fairs... well... boring. If someone could craft an electronic gizmo with flashing lights or something (because I am attracted to shiny objects), then I might be more interested. Hmm. Perhaps they should have invention fairs or something. That would be a lot more fun than the average craft fair.

The craft fair that Karen and I attended was located in Braintree... within a church to be exact. For anyone curious, the church was St. Francis of Assisi. And if you are really curious, St. Francis of Assisi founded the Order of Friars Minor... or more commonly referred to as Franciscans. He is also the patron saint of animals, the environment, and Italy.

I think it would be neat to be a patron saint. Maybe someday I could be St. Mike of Norwell or Quincy. I have no idea what I would be the patron saint of. Maybe I could be the patron saint of something stupid... like giggles. The patron saint of instigation? Unfortunately, I have original sin in the eyes of the righteous and pious, so my dreams of sainthood are probably slim.

Anyway, the craft fair was pretty small... which is good. Karen loves craft fairs. I would not be attending one were it not for her. After all, most of the stuff at craft fairs seem like clutter to me. Naturally, Karen wanted to get a piece of clutter. So she did. I'm so thrilled...

No comments: