Saturday, October 17, 2009

I Suck At Angel

On Thursday, Karen and I hung out with my friends (Marc and Kelley). On the agenda for the night: the season 2 finale of Angel. Now, I suck at Angel.

I may be biased when I say this, but Angel is such a good show. The episodes that we watched were: "Over the Rainbow", "Through the Looking Glass", and "There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb". All three episodes were about Angel and his friends in Lorne's home dimension of Pylea.

Among the more interesting tidbits of information concerning the episodes is that series creator, Joss Whedon, has a cameo in two of the episodes. Joss Whedon plays Numfar, the character who does various ridiculous dances in the background.

As well, Daniel Dae Kim (of Lost fame... and also the actor whom I would have play my friend, Sam, in the movie about Sam) also makes his debut on Angel as Gavin.

Needless to say, the episodes were great. I had a great time on Thursday. And really, what is there not to enjoy... especially when Kelley makes her special baked goods? Kelley made these delicious muffins with chocolate. They were very good. I could probably eat a dozen of them at one sitting. (As it was, I scarfed down two of them.)

I do love it when Kelley bakes. The muffins were a good way to cap off our dinner, which consisted of pulled pork sandwiches. Thanks to my good friends at McCormick, I was able to make pulled pork in a crock pot. Although not as legendary as the mac 'n cheese, the pulled pork was still good nonetheless.

But yum... Kelley's muffins...

No comments: