Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Suck At Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Yesterday, Karen and I hung out with my friends (Marc and Kelley). Hanging out with them was just what I needed for the day. Of course, having the world's greatest television show scheduled on the agenda did not hurt either.

For anyone curious, I consider the world's greatest television show being Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Too bad I suck at Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I also had the song "Daylight" by Matt and Kim stuck in my head for most of yesterday.
(The video below is "Daylight".)


The song is one of those catchy tunes that seem to put me in a good mood whenever I hear it. So I have been listening to the album a lot lately. In my opinion, the entire album is pretty good. And after watching the above video, I found out that Kim plays drums.

Anyway, Marc was gracious enough to make dinner last night. He made apple calzones which were really good. Truth be told, apple anything would probably be very good. The calzones were delicious.

And for dessert, Marc even had a special treat: ice cream cake. He made ice cream cake for Karen for her birthday. Seeing the surprise on Karen's face was definitely worth it. I think she enjoyed the ice cream cake. What is not to enjoy? It's ice cream!

As for Buffy, the four of us jumped right into the beginning of the sixth season of the show. It's amazing to think how quickly we have gone through so many seasons already. The episodes we watched included: "Bargaining" part 1 and 2, about the resurrection of Buffy as she takes on a demon motorcycle gang; "After Life" about a demon brought back along with the resurrection of Buffy; and "Flooded" about Buffy's growing financial problems as well as the introduction of the geeky Jonathan, Warren and Andrew as evil criminal masterminds.

Of the four episodes, "Bargaining" probably had the best moment when Tara gave Giles a little monster and said "Grrr... Argh!", which is the same sound made by the "Mutant Enemy" monster at the end of the Buffy credits.

Truth be told, I am not the biggest fan of the sixth season. Don't get me wrong, it was still good. I just happened to like the other seasons better.

Anyway, it was all good. Interestingly enough, after the four episodes of Buffy, we also caught an episode of an episode of Batman: The Brave and The Bold. Normally, we don't watch the show. This time, however, the episode featured none other than Neil Patrick Harris as the evil Music Meister. So basically, the entire show was a musical. It was great!

All in all, it was a fun night.