Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Suck At Buffy The Vampire Slayer

On Thursday, Karen and I hung out with my friends (Marc and Kelley). We had scheduled to meet on Thursday because I originally had a company outing on Wednesday this week. As it turns out, that company outing has since been rescheduled due to inclement weather.

Needless to say, on the agenda for the night: watch a couple of episodes of Angel and complete season 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now, I suck at Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

For dinner, the four of us ordered out. We ordered dinner from the Falafel King in Quincy. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-O" sound.) Yum... falafels! We haven't had the Falafel King in quite some time. And as always, the meal was delicious.

Anyway, the episodes of Angel that we managed to watch were: "Dead End" about Lindsey getting a donor hand; and "Belonging" about a demon from Lorne's home dimension that travels to L.A. via a portal. As for the remaining episodes of season five of Buffy, they were: "Spiral" about Buffy and the Gang fleeing in an RV; "Weight of the World" about Buffy going into a catatonic state; and "The Gift", the season finale where Buffy squares off against Glory.

I remember when "The Gift" aired on television. I thought it was a great way to end the season. At the time, the WB network was not going to continue broadcasting the show. (For anyone curious, the show would eventually be aired on the UPN network for another two years.) When the episode ended, there was a message to the WB thanking them for five great years. I thought that was a nice touch.

Anyway, I enjoyed the season five finale. Plus, it was great to hang out with Marc and Kelley.

No comments: