Saturday, October 17, 2009

I Suck At Hanging Out With Hot Amy

On Friday, Karen and I met up with my friend (Jen) for dinner. As Karen was craving the eggplant parmesan, we ended up eating at the Villa Rosa in Quincy. Karen, obviously had the eggplant parmesan, while I had the eggplant pizza.

I must say, the Villa Rosa does have delicious eggplant. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-O" sound.) Anyway, it was fun having dinner with Jen. I don't think I have had dinner with just Jen in quite some time. In fact, this weekend was going to be a Jen weekend as we had plans to see Jen every day of the weekend. (There's more to come on that.)

After dinner, the three of us headed over to the mean streets of Hough's Neck in Quincy to hang out with my other friend (Hot Amy). Now, I suck at hanging out with Hot Amy. Truth be told, I don't remember the last time I just hung out with Hot Amy. (I just looked back at my old blog posts and apparently the last time I hung out with Hot Amy was September 13th for the Endless Summer Waterfront Festival which is over a month ago.)

Hot Amy has been busy with things... like her budding Quincy public access television career. And apparently, this weekend she was going to Denver for a conference. (As a side note, I have always wanted to go to Denver, just to see how the mile high altitude would affect me.) Needless to say, Karen wanted to hang out with Hot Amy before she left for Denver.

Anyway, it was an interesting time. I got to see my favorite dogs: Ben and Jerry, both of whom look like they lost a little weight. I also had the pleasure of watching Hot Amy make hot chocolate. It is an interesting sight. After microwaving cups of hot water, Hot Amy pours in the chocolate powder mix from the pouch... and then practically wrings the pouch. It was bizarre, but I should not be surprised because it seems like something Hot Amy would do.

Among the other Hot Amy oddities for the night was the fact that she did not notice the huge sign on her house that was supporting one of Quincy's candidates for mayor. The sign was big... and located right by the front door. Yes, she is very observant. And for anyone curious, I still think my friend, Cass, would be a great mayor of Quincy. So this November... vote Cass for mayor!

Oh, and another thing that was slightly peculiar about Hot Amy was that she was bundled up like crazy. Did I mention it was rather warm in the house? I didn't think anyone else could be colder than Karen. I was apparently mistaken. And yet, Hot Amy still wonders why I had once referred to her as an oddball friend.

Needless to say, it was good catching up with Hot Amy again.

No comments: