Monday, September 14, 2009

I Suck At The Endless Summer Waterfront Festival

On Sunday, Karen and I spent the afternoon in Hull as the town hosted its annual Endless Summer Waterfront Festival. Now, I suck at the Endless Summer Waterfront Festival. Unlike my friends (Jen, Bill, and Hot Amy), I have never been to the Endless Summer Waterfront Festival. So this was my first experience.

For anyone curious, the Endless Summer Waterfront Festival is basically a sidewalk sale along Nantasket Beach. I believe the majority of the proceeds from the festival go to various things like the public school, the public library, etc.

It just so happened that Hot Amy's sister (Terri) was participating at the festival. Terri works part time for Nantasket Therapeutic Massage and Reflexology, who were donating their proceeds to the noble cause of fighting cancer.

Naturally, I could not resist the cause. More appropriately, Karen and Hot Amy convinced me to get a chair massage from Terri for my donation. I have never been one for massages, probably because I am not the "touchy" type... unless I become totally inebriated. So hugging for me is rare... as is the greeting kiss on the cheek. I'm not opposed to those actions... I guess I am just reserved.

Add to that the fact that one of your friends is giving you a rub down and the whole massage thing seems a little peculiar. Don't get me wrong, I do thoroughly enjoy it when someone massages my neck. (Jen is good at massaging necks.) I enjoy it more when that someone is a trained professional like Terri.

Needless to say, I felt rather relaxed after my chair massage from Terri. According to Terri, I was quite stressed... particularly on the right side of my back by my neck. Me... stressed? What could I possibly be stressed about, especially with the anniversary of my son's (Braden) passing the day before?

Anyway, the chair massage was great. I'm glad I did it because it probably was much needed. Plus, anytime I can get someone (preferably a woman) to rub my neck and back is always a bonus.

From there, Karen, Hot Amy and I simply wandered around the festival.

(Pictured below are Hot Amy and Karen... and a dolphin.)


I thought having Karen and Hot Amy by the dolphin would be "Cute as Hull". For anyone curious, Hull has some cute slogans... like "Go to Hull" and "Cute as Hull". It almost reminded me of the "There's a lot to like about Lowell" slogan, except shorter.

Anyway, the three of us did not do much. We eventually ended up at the Red Parrot for lunch. It was good to hang out with Hot Amy. I don't think I have hung out with her in quite some time. The last time I saw her was probably at her birthday celebration at the Sports Depot for country night... and even then I did not really get to chat much with her.

Apparently, Hot Amy is quite excited about her plans for her public access television show. Without revealing too much about her show (because I have to keep the city of Quincy all abuzz and generate some interest), her plan is to have a game show for the elderly. Personally, I think it would be awesome to have a final elimination round much like Wipeout. Seeing old people run through an obstacle course would be classic! Of course, that's just my opinion.

Regardless, it was a fun day. I think Karen enjoyed the day out.