Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Suck At Getting My Car Fixed

Yesterday, I took the car to the local Firestone in Hingham to get the car fixed. Sadly, I suck at getting my car fixed. If I could, I would fix the car myself. Unfortunately, learning about the intricacies of a car is on my to-do list. It's on the list of things... after fixing up the house. So someday, I hope to get to it.

Anyway, on Sunday while driving to visit my BFF (Kerry) in Salem, the service light on the dashboard of the car came on. Usually, warning lights on the dashboard are never a good thing. Not to let the thought of a possible breakdown ruin our day, Karen and I hoped that we could visit Kerry and get back home to lovely Norwell in one piece. Thankfully, we were able to get home on Sunday.

Rather than chance another long drive, I took the car to Firestone to have it looked at. Naturally, this would be an expensive endeavor. Among the list of problems for the car: the brake mounting, some busted hose, and a bunch of burnt out brake lights. Those were in addition to the much needed oil change.

Well, the problem seemingly has been fixed. The service light no longer comes on. The car does appear to be driving smoother. And the good news is that the car does brake without squeaking. We'll see how long this condition lasts. I sometimes wonder if the mechanics put a timer in the car to have things break down ever so often.

Oh well. Needless to say, I'm a little bummed by the car. Perhaps it is time to get a new car.

No comments: