Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Suck At Richardson's Ice Cream

On Sunday, Karen and I visited my BFF (Kerry) in Salem after spending much of the time wandering the streets of Marblehead.

I had recently found out that Kerry had a kidney stone. I suppose had I logged in and checked my Facebook account more often, I probably would have known earlier than a couple of days after that Kerry had a kidney stone. Someday, I will use Facebook more. Of course, by the time I get around to using Facebook, there will be a new next big thing...

Anyway, thinking that Kerry would be in a lot of pain while waiting for the kidney stone to pass, Karen and I decided to visit her in Salem. As it turned out, Kerry was actually feeling a lot better when Karen and I visited because she had already passed the 4mm stone. 4mm. Yikes! So no percocet needed on Sunday. Yay!

With Kerry in good spirits, the three of us did what comes natural... we went out for ice cream. The three of us ending up going to Richardson's Ice Cream located in Middleton.

(Pictured below is a cow at Richardson's.)


For anyone curious, Middleton is located near Salem. Now I suck at Richardson's Ice Cream. I have heard good things about Richardson's from my boss. In fact, my coworkers were discussing ice cream places one day and Richardson's came up. (I, of course, could add nothing to the conversation because they were talking about the North Shore.)

Anyway, the thought of going to Richardson's did sound intriguing. Neither Karen nor I had ever been. And as it turned out, Kerry has never been to Richardson's either. So it was great to hang out and go there together.

I must say, the ice cream was delicious. I had the apple crisp ice cream. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-O" sound.) It was very good. Truth be told, I still think Kimball's in Westford is the best. That's just my opinion.

Needless to say, I had a great time on Sunday. It was good to see Kerry. It's also good to know that she's doing well after the kidney stone. And of course, it's always good when ice cream is involved.