Saturday, September 12, 2009

I Suck At Blue-22

Last night, Karen and I went to Blue-22. Now, I suck at Blue-22. Blue-22, located in Quincy, is a sports bar co-owned by one of my friends (Garv). Garv... however much my friend (Hot Amy) thinks is an intellectual... was not the reason why Karen and I were there.

The reason why we were at Blue-22 was to celebrate my friend's (Marc) birthday. My friends and I have been celebrating birthdays for everyone in our circle of friends for quite some time. The annual birthday celebration cycle runs every month from August to January. The month of September happened to be Marc's month.

Originally, Marc wanted to go to Blue-22 for his birthday celebration to dethrone the reigning chicken wing champion. So, my friend (Kelley) organized the celebration. For anyone curious, Blue-22 has a gimmick whereby a patron has one and half hours to consume as many chicken wings within the allotted time. Currently, the reigning champion has consumed somewhere in the vicinity of 66 wings. There is now even a woman's category... whereby the reigning female champion consumed 30 wings.

Needless to say, Marc thought he could break the current record. Truth be told, Marc, my friend (Cass), or I could probably eat more than 70 wings in the given time. We're big guys after all. As it turned out, Marc decided against the wing challenge last night. He still, however, may partake in the challenge some day. As Cass pointed out, Mondays would be the best time to take on the challenge because wings are a quarter on Mondays at Blue-22.

Anyway, it was good to see my friends yesterday. In addition to Marc, Kelley, Cass, and Garv, my bff (Kerry), and my friends (Jen, Andrea, Ellen, Leeann, De, and Carol) were in attendance. There definitely were a lot of us there last night to celebrate Marc's birthday.

Of course, with so many people, it does get hard to chat with everyone. Hence, that is one of my reasons for disliking the rectangular table set up. (Granted, we had a circular table next to two square tables, but the end result was a rectangular table.) I sometimes feel bad that I don't get the converse much with people at the other end of the table.

Regardless, I had a blast. For me, one of the highlights was when Kelley shoved both ends of an onion into her nose in an attempt to make a bull ring. Yes, she was sober... but I had dared her to create the bull ring in her nose. Apparently, onions can burn.

Another bizarre happening was our discussion of tampons and vodka. I don't remember how that topic even came up. I could be mistaken, but I think Jen may have been the culprit. Interestingly enough, somehow that topic led to the male equivalent of beer funneling through the butt.

(The video below is about vodka tampons.)


For anyone curious, the principle behind the whole concept is having alcohol enter the bloodstream faster. As much as I enjoy booze, I prefer the old fashioned method of imbibing it. Although, a picture of that would be quite interesting for a photo scavenger hunt.

Anyway, it was a fun and silly time. I hope Marc enjoyed his birthday celebration.

No comments: