Friday, September 18, 2009

I Suck At Angel

On Thursday, Karen and I hung out with my friends (Marc and Kelley). Normally, Karen and I hang out with Marc and Kelley on Wednesdays. This past Wednesday, however, Karen had a meeting with the Friends of the Library. So Thursday it was.

Marc was gracious enough to make dinner for all of us which consisted of Uno's Deep Dish pizzas. I have not had an Uno's Deep Dish pizza in quite some time. If you look at the nutritional label for their Deep Dish pizzas, you'll know that they are not the best things on the menu. But, if you can get past the whole calorie thing, Uno's Deep Dish pizzas taste very good. Thursday was no exception.

In fact, the Deep Dish pizza brought back memories of probably when I last had a Deep Dish pizza, which may have been in college. I think it was just Kelley and I. We had gone to Uno's in Braintree for lunch one day. That's about all I remember. I have been to Uno's since, but I have not eaten the Deep Dish pizza... until Thursday.

Needless to say, it was good. Anyway, on the agenda for the night were more episodes of Angel. Yes, I suck at Angel. The episodes we managed to watch were: "Blood Money" about a fundraiser for a teen shelter; "Happy Anniversary" about a physicist who discovers a way to freeze time to save his relationship; "The Thin Dead Line" about zombie police officers; and "Reprise" about Angel's visit to the "home office".

As usual, all the episodes were good. I do like how the show used the Anne character from the Buffy series. For anyone curious, Anne runs the teen shelter and was involved in the zombie police episode. Previous to that, Anne was a cult-like teenager who wanted to become a vampire on Buffy (then named Lily)... and she also appeared in the Buffy episode that featured demons putting homeless people through hard labor in another dimension (in which she changed her name to Anne).

Interestingly enough, I had to leave after the fourth episode of Angel. I pretty much turned into my friend (Cass). Like Cass, I am allergic to cats. Marc and Kelley's cats do not really bother me like they do with Cass. (They do, but it generally takes a while before I start showing symptoms of my allergies.) As for Cass, he gets congested pretty quickly.

Anyway, my allergies triggered quite quickly at Marc and Kelley's. I think it has something to do with the oils from the poison ivy that is covering my entire body. I have a feeling that it has made me somewhat more sensitive to their cats. This is another reason to curse poison ivy. I would shake my fist at poison ivy... if the act of shaking my fist did not itch so much.

Regardless, hopefully I can recover from this rash soon. I am getting annoyed with having poison ivy.