Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Suck At Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Tonight, Karen and I hung out with my friends (Marc and Kelley). On the agenda for the night were more episodes of season 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now, I suck at Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I always have a great time hanging out with Marc and Kelley. For dinner, Marc made turkey burgers. They were quite delicious, especially since they had bacon on them. Kelley also made her famous chocolate chip cookies. I must have eaten a dozen of them. Her cookies are just that good.

Anyway, the episodes that we watched were: "Checkpoint" about Buffy preparing for a Watcher's Council test to get information about Glory; "Blood Ties" about Dawn's self discovery of being the key; "Crush" about Spike's unrequited crush on Buffy; and "I Was Made to Love You" about a robot searching for her creator, who happens to be Warren.

Of course, they were all good episodes. I probably enjoyed "Crush" the most because I enjoy the character known as Spike. Spike and Angel are throwbacks to when vampires used to be cool. Sadly, vampires are pretty lame now... thanks to the whole Twilight books and their ability to sparkle in the sun. (I have not seen the Trueblood series yet, so hopefully that show will return my faith in vampires.)

To end the night on a high note, we also watched the latest episode of Wipeout. Apparently, the episode of Wipeout took place down under... in Australia. As it turns out, the people down under are equally bizarre as the ones here.

Another one of the highlights for the night was Guitar Hero 5. Marc and Kelley recently got the video game. For anyone curious, Guitar Hero 5 is a game where you play guitar to certain songs. Heck, you can even play drums and sing in the game.

Marc tried to get Karen to sing vocals for Rick Springfield's "Jessie's Girl" while he played guitar. Unfortunately, Karen gave up too quickly... giving me the honors of doing my best Rick Springfield impersonation.

Normally, I don't like to do karaoke. After singing awful renditions of "Jessie's Girl" (and Blink-182's "The Rock Show"), I'm slowly warming up to performing karaoke. You would think with my genetic makeup that I would enjoy karaoke. Sadly, that is not the case. But the way I figure it now, who cares when you're with friends. If you can't be comfortable about yourself when you're with friends, then it's a little unfortunate.

Besides, it's always good to laugh at yourself once in a while. And with this week in particular, laughing at myself is always better than imbibing copious amounts of booze... not that there is anything wrong with that. I just needed to be silly for a little while.

I think Marc is looking forward to playing Guitar Hero 5 during the sleepover celebration for Kelley's birthday. That should be fun and interesting.