Monday, October 12, 2009

I Suck At A Pirate Party

Today, Karen and I started off our day with a grand opening. The Target located in Hanover was opening today. According to the signs, Target was supposed to open today, but I have a funny feeling that Target may have been opened earlier. Truth be told, we didn't really have many things to pick up at Target, but we wanted to go for a visit nonetheless.

Anyway, from there we spent the rest of the day at my favorite sister-in-law's (Janine) celebrating my nephew's (PJ) birthday. The theme for the birthday party: a pirate party. Now I suck at a pirate party. (ARRRRRR!)

Truth be told, I would make a terrible pirate. Don't get me wrong, I could do the plundering and pillaging. Sailing the high seas would be fun. And sure, gold is always attractive. (Gold = shiny object.) But it's the whole dirty thing. Pirates are just dirty. That would be the biggest drawback for me, that is... if I were to be pirate... the diRRRRRRRRRt.

Regardless, Janine did a great job as usual organizing the party. It was a good time. The only drawback of the party: those dreadful Red Sox. Luckily, there is football to watch. (Granted, the Patriots also lost today... but football is a better product to watch.)

All in all, it was good.