Sunday, October 11, 2009

I Suck At Patriot Place

On Friday, I spent the entire day in Foxborough... home of the New England Patriots. With my brother up from Texas visiting for a week, one of the attractions that he wanted to visit was Patriot Place. Apparently, my brother has become quite the football fan since moving to Texas. (For anyone curious, my brother is a big Wes Welker fan. Previous to Welker, my brother's favorite Patriot was Adam Vinatieri... to which I wonder... who likes a kicker as a favorite football player?)

Anyway, I suck at Patriot Place. Truth be told, I haven't really walked around Patriot Place. The times I have been to Foxborough have been to attend the football game... or watch a Toad the Wet Sprocket concert... never just to hang around Patriot Place.

Needless to say, it was fun. I think my parents, who had never been to Patriot Place either, also had a great time. They must have been laughing and giggling all day. (And yes, I do have pictures to prove it.)

We started the day off by having lunch at CBS Scene. Naturally, as it was going to be a long day with my family, I had a martini. Booze is my friend. Just kidding.

After lunch, we headed to the Hall at Patriot Place presented by Raytheon. And that is when the fun started.

(Pictured below is my favorite Patriot, Tedy Bruschi... and Willie McGinest... celebrating their Super Bowl victory.)


The Hall was great. It is really well designed and quite interactive. I would definitely go back again. My family basically had a personal tour guide at the Hall. The employee at the Hall, was some older gentleman, whom we just ran into while place kicking.

There is a station where you can attempt to virtually kick a field goal. My mother was funny when she tried to kick the ball. The ball barely rolled along the ground when my mom kicked the ball.

Needless to say, the older gentleman working the place kicking station helped us throughout the Hall. He even took some pictures of us at one of the more fan favorite stations where people can actually adorn the uniform, pads, and shoes of three Patriot players. Those players were Rodney Harrison, Tom Brady, and former Patriot Richard Seymour. Interestingly enough, Richard Seymour wears size 17 shoes. Those shoes were enormous. (And you know what they say about men with big feet...) For anyone curious, I got to dress up as Rodney Harrison.

Anyway, it was a fun time at Patriot Place. My brother enjoyed it. My parents enjoyed it. It really was a nice time.

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren, prada handbags, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, coach factory outlet, louboutin outlet, kate spade outlet, christian louboutin, air max, ray ban sunglasses, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, burberry outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, louboutin, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp handbags, true religion jeans, louis vuitton outlet stores, coach purses, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade handbags, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet online sale

oakleyses said...

rolex watches, insanity workout, north face outlet, herve leger, ghd, asics running shoes, chi flat iron, ferragamo shoes, beats by dre, longchamp, babyliss pro, canada goose jackets, valentino shoes, lululemon outlet, canada goose, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, uggs outlet, nfl jerseys, reebok outlet, ugg boots, mac cosmetics, canada goose outlet, new balance shoes, soccer shoes, mont blanc, wedding dresses, ugg, bottega veneta, jimmy choo outlet, ugg australia, ugg boots, uggs, north face jackets, ugg pas cher, canada goose, marc jacobs, vans shoes, soccer jerseys, p90x, birkin bag, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose, hollister, ugg boots clearance, mcm handbags, instyler, celine handbags