Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Suck At Celebrating My Friend's Birthday

Yesterday, Karen and I went to a birthday party. On Friday, it was my friend's (Kelley) birthday. Happy birthday Kelley! So, in honor of Kelley, my friend (Marc) organized a little get together with a bunch of friends.

For some time, my friends and I have celebrated each of our birthdays within our circle of friends. The birthday celebrations generally run from August to January. October happens to be Kelley's (and Karen's) month. The past few years, we have combined birthdays because it was easier to get everyone together at one time, especially when it comes to the month of December, where in addition to the birthdays there are holiday parties and whatnot.

This month, however, we were just going to celebrate Kelley's birthday in October. (Karen was not big on celebrating her birthday this year.) Originally, the plan that was being tossed around for Kelley's birthday celebration was a sleepover party. That idea seemed to be quite popular at the time. Unfortunately, the plan did not stick. Oh well. My visions of a pajama pillow fight will just have to wait...

Oh, and before I forget... happy belated birthday to my friend (Aimee)! Aimee's birthday also happens to be in October. It's too bad I suck at celebrating my friend's birthday. Happy birthday anyway!

Anyway, as usual the birthday celebration was fun. It is always good to see everyone. In addition to Karen and I, my friends (Cass, Ellen, Garv, Leeann, Meredith, Doug, and Jen) were there, as was my BFF (Kerry), as well as Kelley's friend and fellow scavenger hunt teammate (Nancy).

Nancy must think that the whole bunch of us are nuts. She's funny though. With all the topics of conversation going around, I do wonder what Nancy thinks about all of us. She probably thinks we are all loons. Among the topics of conversation from the party: Doug's chainsawing in his sleep, the Boone/Zac Effron/[insert white person's name here] similarities, Garv's detailed knowledge of legalized prostitution in Amsterdam, and the apparent case that Karen and Kerry seemed to have been on separate vacations when they went to France together.

Needless to say, it was a great time. I had a blast. Watching Karen laugh so hard that she started to cry was worth it. For anyone curious, Karen was laughing at the flip-flop incident when her and Kerry were in France.

Anyway, it's always good to hang out with friends and be silly. I do look forward to these birthday celebrations.

No comments: