Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Suck At Hanging Out With Pam

Today, Karen and I had breakfast with my friend (Pam). Pam, who currently lives in Bon Jovi's home state of New Jersey, was up visiting for the weekend. Thus, Pam wanted to get together and hang out while she was here.

Unfortunately, I suck at hanging out with Pam. The plan was to hang out over some pancakes for breakfast at her parents' house. Originally, my friend (Jen) was also supposed to join in on the festivities, but a game time decision prevented Jen from joining in. (Jen was not feeling well.)

Nevertheless, Karen and I headed over to Pam's parents' house. As it turned out, Pam's mother made breakfast for us. What a good deal! Karen and I brought some rolls and raspberries, the latter of which turned out to be a hit with Pam's children.

Speaking of Pam's children, I may have hit it off with Pam's little daughter (Keira). Granted, I probably have only met Keira a couple of times. Nonetheless, I received a big hug from her when Karen and I left. What can I say? Chicks dig me. Just kidding.

Of course, one of the reasons why Keira may have enjoyed my company... aside from my infectious giggle... is that I played with her. After coming out of the bathroom, Keira reached up for me as though she wanted to be picked up. Naturally, I obliged. From there, I may have lifted her off the ground a couple... several... times.

Interestingly enough, the act reminded me of my BFF (Kerry). In high school, my friend (Greg) used to pick Kerry up and spin her around. Maybe it's a guy thing... we spin chicks... that's what we do. (And truth be told, I may have been guilty of picking up Karen a few times and spinning her as well.)

Needless to say, I think Keira enjoyed being lifted off the ground numerous times. After all, I was surprised as any when she gave me a hug good bye. Again, I have only met her a couple of times. She didn't give Karen a hug. (Chicks dig me...)

All in all, it was good to see Pam. Her mother did a great job cooking too. Thanks Pam's mom!

1 comment:

Pam said...

You have a way with toddlers...Keira is still talking about her morning with Mike. It was great seeing you guys and I hope we can catch up again in a couple weeks!