Friday, October 23, 2009

I Suck At Longhorn Steakhouse

Tonight, Karen and I decided to be adventurous. Okay, maybe we weren't really too adventurous. It being a Friday night, we decided to go out for dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse in Pembroke.

Now I suck at Longhorn Steakhouse. We have never been to the Longhorn Steakhouse in Pembroke. We have been to other restaurant locations, just not the Pembroke location. One of the reasons why we have not been to the Pembroke location is that Karen rarely craves red meat... at least enough to go out to a restaurant for it.

It just so happens that we were in the Pembroke tonight visiting my favorite home improvement store, Lowe's. Technically, even that is not totally the reason why we were in Pembroke.

The reason why happened to be in Pembroke is because we were getting gas at Stop & Shop. We generally do not get gas at Stop & Shop. It just so happens that, like any card that has a point system, you accrue a certain amount of points within a given amount of time for each purchase made.

For Stop & Shop, the accrued points go towards a discount off of gasoline. Rather than waste what Karen and I had built up in our Stop & Shop points, we decided to get gas in Pembroke before the points expired. Thus, we were in Pembroke solely for the purpose of getting gas.

As we were both hungry, we decided to eat at the Longhorn Steakhouse as it is located right next to the Stop & Shop. It was a matter of convenience.

Anyway, the meal at Longhorn Steakhouse was delicious. Karen and I started off with the firecracker chicken wraps, which reminded me a little of Chili's southwestern egg rolls. Regardless, it was good. From there, I had the special which consisted of scallops wrapped in bacon and sirloin steak. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-O" sound.)

The steak was delicious. The scallops were awesome. (I do enjoy scallops... cooked... uncooked... it probably wouldn't matter.) Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. I even had strawberry lemonade since I have been on a lemonade kick of late.

All in all, it was a truly good meal. I would definitely go back.