Monday, August 3, 2009

I Suck At The Four's

On Sunday, Karen organized a little get together. The location: The Four's restaurant in Norwell. Now I suck at the Four's. The Four's in Norwell, which is just up the street from our house, recently opened not too long ago. Unfortunately, neither Karen nor I have ever gone since it opened. So Sunday provided the perfect opportunity for Karen and I to check out the place.

My friends (Jen, Andrea, Gretchen) and my favorite sister-in-law (Janine) were all able to join us. I think Gretchen may have been somewhat nervous at first because she was meeting Jen and Andrea (possible partners in crime for when she organizes a swinging single women's night out full of booze, debauchery, and men) for the first time. But as the day when on, I think she was able to relax and enjoy herself.

Anyway, the Fours was very nice. There are televisions everywhere. It's hard to get a terrible view of a television screen. Plus, the bar area is quite large. All in all, the place is setup very nicely. And like Andrea suggested, I imagine it would be fun to watch a sporting event there.

As for the food, it was good. The menu was the same as the other Four's locations that I have been to. I ended up having the California Cobb Salad. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-O" sound.) What can I say? I like having hard boiled eggs in my salad.

Needless to say, it was a fun time at the Four's. Being the only guy there was definitely interesting. After all, I got to hear all about waxing. Fun, I know. Although I have to give the women credit... they must have a higher thresh hold of pain when it comes to their nether regions. Not that I would, but I cannot imagine any man handling the waxing of their private parts as gracefully.

No comments: