Friday, August 21, 2009

I Suck At Buffy The Vampire Slayer

On Wednesday, Karen and I hung out with my friends (Marc and Kelley). It was our usual get together involving food, television, and laughs.

Marc was gracious enough to make dinner for us. The dinner, consisting of Sloppy Joe's (not to be confused with sloppy seconds), tater tots, and corn was very good. The meal brought back memories of school lunches.

Truth be told, the tater tots reminded me of school lunches. Sloppy Joe's reminded me of the my mother's excitement over making Sloppy Joe's when I was growing up. It was all part of her desire for our family to be All-American. Needless to say, we did not have it too often. As for corn... well, there's not much I can say about corn except that I love corn. My digestive track would probably not find it too appealing, but I could probably good eat tons of corn. Yay, yellow gold!

Anyway, on the agenda for the night was the third disc of the fifth season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now, I suck at Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The episodes we watched were: "Listening to Fear" about a demon that attacks crazy people... one of whom happened to be Buffy's mother; "Into the Woods" about Riley's departure; and "Triangle" about Willow and Anya accidentally summoning a troll.

Of the episodes, I enjoyed "Triangle" the most. Sure, "Into the Woods" marked the departure of Riley (who I always thought was a tool), but "Triangle" focused on Willow and Anya. And what is not to like about either of them? Plus, the episode featured Abraham Benrubi, who I will always remember as Larry Kubiak, also known as "The Kube", from Parker Lewis Can't Lose.

All in all, it was fun. Oh yes, I forgot. We also tried some more of the dessert sauces that Marc and Kelley got at the farmer's market. The sauce over the ice cream was delicious. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-O" sound.) Of course, I think all ice cream is pretty delicious, so I may be biased.