Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Suck At Extreme Pita

Last night, Karen and I went out for dinner. Ever so often, Karen will crave fast food. In particular, she will have a craving for Wendy's. Unfortunately, there is no Wendy's location near us. I think the closest one may be in Abington, which is really not that close.

So instead of Wendy's, we decided to try our hand at Extreme Pita. Now I suck at Extreme Pita. Extreme Pita is located literally across the street in Norwell. In fact, the place used to be a Subway. (I guess there is one less location for Jared Fogel to eat at now.)

Anyway, I have never been to Extreme Pita. I have, however, had a pita from Extreme Pita thanks to my BFF (Kerry). One day, Kerry had ordered a tuna pita from Extreme Pita before coming over. And like I am apt to do with food, I had a taste of her pita. The pita was good.

Regardless, Karen and I decided to try Extreme Pita yesterday. The place is interesting. For some reason, every time I think about Extreme Pita, I think of those "Crazy Eddie" commercials from my childhood years.

For anyone curious, Crazy Eddie was a retail electronics chain that went under due to fraud. But one of Crazy Eddie's slogan was that "his prices are INSANE".

For some unknown reason, I associate a similar slogan with Extreme Pita. "Extreme Pita's pitas are EXTREME!" Okay. So maybe that is not the official slogan for Extreme Pita... although I suppose it could be.

The other image that I sometimes envision when it comes to Extreme Pita is a skate boarder like Tony Hawk or a BMX biker doing tricks and flips and whatnot. Of course, following the sick acrobatic move by one of these athletes, there would then be the slogan... "It's EXTREME!"

Of course, none of this has anything to do with the pita itself. That was just my own meandering thoughts. The pita was actually very good. I had the bourbon chipotle chicken pita. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-O" sound.) Karen had the tuna. Needless to say, I would eat there again. After all... it's EXTREME!