Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Suck At Fantasy Football

Today, in between my break of working/organizing the garage, I took part in this year's fantasy football draft with my friends. Unfortunately, I suck at fantasy football.

My friends have an annual fantasy football league. It's been several years now that the league has been going on. Having joined last year, I was a relative newcomer to the league. For anyone curious, prior to last year I had been afraid of joining their league. I had heard nothing but complaints and whatnot amongst the league participants. From what I am told, things seem better now.

Anyway, last year my team did not do so well. Of course, it did not help that I was preoccupied and could not attend the fantasy football draft last year. I even tried changing the name of my team after my friend (Anna) in hopes that she would bring my team some luck. Anna was born on Christmas. Sadly... no luck. (Proof that Anna is not our savior.)

This year's draft went okay. Sure, I may have goofed up a couple of times by clicking the wrong thing and drafting a player that I did not want (which is a lesson in multi-tasking: watch what you click) but it was fun. Karen was even around to see me draft her favorite football player: Matt Cassel. She seemed pretty excited that I drafted him. Unfortunately, my team will live and die by Matt Cassel because I currently do not have another quarterback. So he better do well in Kansas City.

And if anyone is curious, this year my team is named after the most electrifying man in sports entertainment (wrestling): Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Sure, he may have been in my head... having recently watched "Race to Witch Mountain". Technically, my team is named after one of his wrestling moves... no, not the "People's Elbow"... "Rock Bottom". I figured it was an appropriate name for my team.

All in all, the fantasy football draft was a fun way to avoid organizing the garage. My latest project within the garage is the removal of a drain pipe. There is a plastic drain pipe which sticks out of the garage floor. Normally, a drain pipe leads to... a drain. For some reason, this drain pipe simply leads to the crawlspace. I have no idea why it was done that way. The drain design just came with the house. So I'm just going to cut the drain pipe so that it no longer sticks out above the cement floor. (We'll be laying a floor over the drain pipe soon.)