Monday, August 31, 2009

I Suck At Netflix

Today, I ended my subscription to Netflix. Yes, I suck at Netflix. As my father's day gift from my favorite sister-in-law (Janine) was nearing an end, I decided to cancel my membership altogether.

It was probably a good thing that I canceled Netflix. Truth be told, I did waste a lot of time watching movies, whereas I could have better spent the time being more productive. (Heck, I probably could have finished renovating the first floor bathroom with all the hours I spent watching movies... Yeah, right.)

So, it appears that the last movies that I will have watched via Netflix are: The Haunting in Connecticut, The Incredible Hulk, and The Wrestler. Of the three, I have only watched The Haunting in Connecticut thus far. I have a week to return the other two.

(The video below is a trailer for The Haunting in Connecticut.)


The Haunting in Connecticut, by the way, was a little lame... and really not that scary at all. Sure, it had the dramatic music and the split second shots of ghosts, but on a whole it was not that good. But, it did have Beaver from Veronica Mars fame in the movie (and the movie had Virginia Madsen too).

Not to be confused with "A" Haunting in Connecticut, which is the documentary about the family and its experience with the haunted house, this movie took a few creative liberties. Either way, I'm sure my friend (Garv) would be absolutely scared. Garv is afraid of ghosts. It's almost comical as to how afraid he is in regards to the supernatural.

Interestingly enough, it turns out that my favorite brother-in-law (PJ) is also not a big fan of scary movies. In the words of my favorite niece (Kaleigh), he screamed like a girl when she snuck up on him after he had watched the movie with my favorite sister-in-law (Janine) and her BFF (Gretchen).

Anyway, having canceled Netflix, Karen and I planned to celebrate with a dinner at Strawberry Fair located in Norwell. Okay, perhaps we weren't celebrating the end of my Netflix subscription. We had talked about going out for dinner after work. It just so happens that the last time we went to Strawberry Fair, we received a coupon for a free strawberry shortcake dessert that would expire today.

Needless to say, we figured we'd give Strawberry Fair a shot and try its strawberry shortcake dessert. The only problem: Strawberry Fair was unexpectedly closed. So, we ended up going to Not Your Average Joe's, which was right down the street.

As usual, Not Your Average Joe's was delicious. I tried their calzone for the first time today. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-O" sound.) It was very good. All in all, I had a good time today with Karen.

No comments: