Friday, August 28, 2009

I Suck At Electrical Work

Yesterday was day 2 of the garage renovation. So far, everything looks great. I think Karen is pretty excited about the new garage as well. I am hoping that after today, my man cave will be complete.

Anyway, yesterday was a little bit more labor intensive on my part. In addition to the odd three way switch wiring, there is conduit running along the ceiling of the garage. Technically, there are two conduits: one that is used to power the ever popular septic system; the other used to power... absolutely nothing.

Needless to say, one of the conduits has to stay. The other conduit had to go. Now, you may be thinking why the conduit had to go at that moment. After all, couldn't I just remove it at a later time?

Well, I could. The problem was that if I were to leave the conduit and remove it at a later time, there would be a big gaping hole in the garage paneling system. And if people have not figured it out yet, I am somewhat peculiar about things. Karen sometimes makes fun of me because I can stare at walls for a long time.

The reason as to why there would be a hole in the paneling system is because the installers would have to cut around the conduit. That is not a problem for the conduit being used to power the septic system. It does, however, seem a little silly to cut around conduit that does absolutely nothing.

Naturally, the conduit that does absolutely nothing has wires going through the wall and into the garage's electrical panel. So, I would have to do some electrical work to not only remove the conduit from the ceiling, but take out the wires that lead from the electrical panel, through the wall, and into the conduit. Unfortunately, I suck at electrical work.

Luckily for me, I did not get electrocuted. (Look ma, no shocks!) I removed the cover to the electrical panel... did a little snip snip here... a little snip snip there. I capped the wires. I yanked out the rest... and voila! Conduit removed.

It's amazing what one can do when there is a time frame placed on a project. I should probably give myself a time frame for the other home improvement projects that I have to do. The projects would actually probably get done that way.

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

air max, converse pas cher, north face, mulberry, polo ralph lauren, hollister, abercrombie and fitch, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, nike tn, hollister, sac louis vuitton, air max pas cher, longchamp, air jordan, north face, nike free pas cher, nike roshe, polo lacoste, hogan outlet, louboutin, nike trainers, sac longchamp, new balance pas cher, michael kors, timberland, nike blazer, michael kors, oakley pas cher, nike roshe run, lululemon outlet online, air force, louis vuitton, barbour, sac guess, sac louis vuitton, true religion outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike huarache, nike air max, louis vuitton uk, sac burberry, ray ban pas cher, sac hermes, nike free, michael kors pas cher, air max, ralph lauren

oakleyses said...

rolex watches, insanity workout, north face outlet, herve leger, ghd, asics running shoes, chi flat iron, ferragamo shoes, beats by dre, longchamp, babyliss pro, canada goose jackets, valentino shoes, lululemon outlet, canada goose, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, uggs outlet, nfl jerseys, reebok outlet, ugg boots, mac cosmetics, canada goose outlet, new balance shoes, soccer shoes, mont blanc, wedding dresses, ugg, bottega veneta, jimmy choo outlet, ugg australia, ugg boots, uggs, north face jackets, ugg pas cher, canada goose, marc jacobs, vans shoes, soccer jerseys, p90x, birkin bag, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose, hollister, ugg boots clearance, mcm handbags, instyler, celine handbags