Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Suck At Celebrating My Brother's Birthday

Thursday happened to my brother's birthday. He turned a big whopping 4-0. Unfortunately, I suck at celebrating my brother's birthday. My brother and I are not that close. In fact, I hardly ever speak with him. The last time I spoke with my brother was probably in September of last year when I told him that he was an uncle with the birth of my son (Braden)... and then I told him the unfortunate news that Braden passed away.

I sometimes look at Karen's relationship with her sister and wonder what things would have been like if my brother and I were that close. Oh well. Anyway, I sent my brother a little happy birthday message on Thursday. He simply responded with a "Thanks". As much as I suck at celebrating my brother's birthday, at least I remembered the day. My parents actually forgot the day until I reminded them.

Anyway, to celebrate my brother's birthday, Karen and I hung out with my friends (Marc and Kelley). All right, so maybe we weren't celebrating my brother's 40th birthday. We actually met up to catch a couple of episodes of Angel.

Having gone out for trivia night on our usual Wednesday get-together, we would have had to waited until next week to catch up on Angel. So rather than wait, we decided to try another night of the week. That night: Thursday.

The episodes of Angel that we watched were: "Darla", about... Darla; and "The Shroud of Rahmon", about a shroud that makes people crazy. It's probably a no-brainer that I liked the Darla episode the best. After all, I am attracted to shiny objects... and Darla does happen to be one. So it works out.

After Angel, the four of us were able to watch the latest episode of Wipeout, which was always good for a laugh. All in all, it was a great time. Marc made pizza for dinner, which was delicious as usual. And for dessert, we had cookies and cream ice cream with special sauce. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-O" sound.) The special sauce was a dessert sauce that Marc and Kelley picked up at the local farmers market. It was very good.

Anyway, I had a fun time. I hope my brother also had a good time celebrating his day. Happy birthday big brother.

No comments: