Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Suck At The Halfway Cafe

Yesterday, Karen and I hung out with my friends (Marc and Kelley).

Marc has been taking care of my friend's (Amy) cats this week. Amy, who I refer to as "The Czar" because the first four letters of her last name are c-z-a-r (so as to not be confused with Aimee or Hot Amy), has been away visiting one of her friends. So while she was away, she asked Marc to feed her cats, rub their bellies, and do all of those things that cats desire and want.

And it just so happens that Amy and her cats live in the nearby town of Marshfield, home of Steve Carrell and Steven Tyler. So Marc and Kelley decided to head our way for the night.

Our first destination: the Halfway Cafe. Now, I suck at the Halfway Cafe. I have not been to the Halfway Cafe in Marshfield in quite some time(possibly over a year). The last time I was there, I think I was with my BFF (Kerry).

Anyway, the food there was delicious as usual. Plus, it's hard to beat the 7 for $7 specials. For anyone curious, I had Evan's Seafood Scampi. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-o" sound.) I think all of us had one of the specials, with the exception of Marc who ordered his usual pizza. And for any woman wanting to go, it turns out that Wednesday is ladies night. (Tuesday is trivia night there.)

Following dinner, the four of us headed over to Amy's to check up on her cats. I had never been to Amy's prior to last night. So naturally, I had to christen her bathroom because that's what I do. And in true cat whisperer fashion, Amy's cats came out to say hello to both Karen and I. Cats must have that sense to detect those who are allergic to them.

Nevertheless, it was nice to see Amy's place. A part of me feels bad that I do not visit her more often since she is in nearby Marshfield. Of course, if I did visit her often, I would probably die from the cats. Speaking of her pets, I was quite surprised to find out that her pets were actually normal.

Growing up, Amy used to have what could best be described as a zoo of misfit animals. I remember she had this huge dog with itty bitty legs that could barely lift the dog's torso off the ground. The dog's name happened to be "Legs". Amy used to take in all sorts of animals because she felt bad for them. Anyway, it was good to visit Amy's place. Too bad Amy was away.

Following Amy's, the four of us headed back to our place to watch a couple of episodes of Angel. The episodes that we watched were: "Dear Boy" about Darla's return, and "Guise Will Be Guise", where Wesley impersonates Angel in order to be a bodyguard for a wealthy businessman's daughter.

Both episodes were fantastic. To end the night on a comedic note, we even decided to watch the latest episode of Wipeout. Wipeout is such an addictive show.

Anyway, it was another fun night of just hanging out. It was definitely much needed because I have been a little pensive of late.