Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Suck At Trivia Night

Last night, my friend (Marc) organized another trivia night gathering at Blue 22 in Quincy. Too bad I suck at trivia night. Suffice to say, I was not really in the mood for trivia. Of course, I have not been in the mood for many things lately.

Regardless, it was good to see everyone on the trivia team again. The team comprised of Karen, my BFF (Kerry), Marc, and my friends (Kelley, Cass, and Andrea). I was technically on the team, but I did not contribute anything to the team yesterday. In fact, I feel that way a lot with trivia. I am certain the team would do just fine without me.

Anyway, it was good to see everyone. Andrea was gracious enough to provide some brain food for all of us... and by brain food, I mean chocolate peanut butter balls. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-O" sound.) In addition to the chocolate peanut butter balls, it was definitely good to hang out with Cass. I don't hang out with Cass as much as I would like to. He provided some comic relief for the night.

As for the trivia itself, our team performed well. The last time we played trivia, we ended up taking first place and added to our growing collection of glasses. So for us, last night was our chance to defend our title... and perhaps score more glasses.

Kerry actually had a good first round. Truth be told, the team did pretty well. We ended up taking first place again last night. So we did score more glasses. For anyone curious, the glasses were for Killian's. I am guessing we would have scored the glasses regardless because most other teams would probably take the cash discount. Lucky for us, we know one of the owners (Garv).

Speaking of Garv, it was good to also see him last night. He had his country music moment. His eyes lit up as he told us about the concert he went to that featured Taylor Swift... and Keith Urban. But I think it was mainly because of Taylor Swift.

Anyway, another picture was taken of our team for winning trivia last night. So the next time you visit Blue 22 in Quincy, make sure you look for both of our group pictures now.

All in all, last night was okay. It was great to see everyone. It was great that we won again, despite the awful trivia announcer. The trivia announcer apparently was in a bad mood and took forever to read the questions because she was too busy chitchatting about personal stuff with some of the other patrons. And even when she did read the questions, she did not even read them clearly. (It was a longer than usual night of trivia.)

But all was good. We got our glasses.

1 comment:

Dre said...

Glad you liked the balls...hee hee.