Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Suck At Celebrating Nana's Birthday

My BFF (Kerry) spent the night after our John Hughes movie night. Truth be told, I enjoy it when Kerry spends the night. After all, whenever she spends the night it generally means that Karen and I can continue with our Veronica Mars season. (It's a good show, trust me.)

Plus, I'm sure Batista enjoys it whenever Kerry spends the night too. Batista gets lonely in the room. So sharing the bed with Kerry is probably a plus for him. It's probably the only action he'll get. (For anyone curious, Batista is an action figure of the WWE wrestler: Batista. Marc and Kelley got it for Karen because Karen is a big fan of Batista's exotic look.)

On Sunday, however, there would no Veronica Mars to watch. Karen and I actually had family plans. Luckily, we got to hang out with Kerry beforehand. Well... technically, Karen got to hang out with Kerry because the two of them went shopping while I worked on the garage. It's good though. I think Karen needs quality girl bonding time every now and then.

Anyway when Kerry left, Karen and I went to the nursing home to visit Karen's grandmother. Karen's grandmother (Nana) recently had a birthday and the family celebration happened to be on Sunday. Happy birthday Nana! Unfortunately, I suck at celebrating Nana's birthday.

It was actually nursing home day because Karen and I also visited Karen's other grandmother who was in a transitional nursing home rehabbing from a cracked bone in her leg. So we pretty much made the nursing home rounds on Sunday.

Regardless, Nana's birthday celebration was interesting. Karen and I carpooled with my favorite sister-in-law (Janine), my favorite brother-in-law (PJ), my niece (Kaleigh) and my nephew (PJ). Starving, all of us headed to Salsa's for a quick bite to eat. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-O" sound.) The appetizers at Salsa's was delicious. It's too bad we had to cut the visit short.

The party for Nana actually seemed rather quick. There was the usual cake and presents. And then shortly thereafter, everyone left. I think Nana had a good time. She seemed thrilled that a lot of us where there. Anyway, I hope Nana enjoyed her day.

No comments: