Monday, June 2, 2008

I Suck At Work

today begins my final week at my current job.

with all of my projects delegated to my other team members... and with no new projects to work on because of my departure... i have had absolutely nothing to do at work. so naturally, i figured i would do what i do best... cause trouble.

in addition to the joy street location, my company has an office located on 101 federal street. 101 federal street also happens to be the address of my bank, but that is beside the point. the 101 federal street office consists of 5 people. one of those 5 people happens to be one of my coworkers (natasha) who i instant message a lot during the course of the day. natasha is the executive assistant at the 101 federal street office. ever since i trained her on one of the applications that our company created, she has been keeping me up to date on the coming and goings at the 101 federal street office.

anyway, natasha sits in full view of one of the directors (amy)... not to be confused with my friend hot amy. amy is not exactly the most technically proficient individual i have known. i am probably lucky that she even knows how to use instant messenger. needless to say, i decided to play a joke on amy today.

if you were ever visit the 101 federal street office, you would know that every room in the office has a special clock hanging on the wall. the clock naturally has to be a chelsea clock because the company's owner's brother also happens to own the chelsea clock company. when i was training natasha on the application, she had mentioned how every room had to have the chelsea clock. in addition, she mentioned that there was some joking from the directors about how each room had to have a chelsea clock because there was a camera contained within the clock and that the main office could then keep tabs on the 101 federal office location.

naturally, i used this tidbit of information for my pleasure. with the help of natasha and instant messenger, i asked natasha what amy was doing at the moment. amy was scribbling something in a notebook. so, i sent an instant message to amy telling her to stop scribbling in her notebook. confused, she asked how i knew she was writing something... to which i replied... "because i can see through the camera in the clock."

from what i am told by natasha, amy started to freak out. amy kept peering at the clock and kept asking me questions. she even started to ask one of the other directors something about the clock, to which i sent her an instant message saying that "the camera is a secret, don't ask him!" after that, amy freaked out some more.

i wish i could have actually been there to witness firsthand amy's freakout. natasha was having trouble keeping her laughter in. natasha soon sent me an instant message saying that all amy was saying is that she could not believe there are cameras in the office. naturally, i then sent amy an instant message saying that it was not so hard to believe.

freaked out even further, amy then asked me if... not only could i see her, but could i hear her as well. of course, i had her going. i told her that that there was an ip address that i could get to via my computer to see her and that the audio portion was a bit muffled. that got amy even more freaked out. i was dying laughing at my desk because natasha was telling me about amy's paranoid panic.

eventually, i had to finally tell amy that i was just kidding around with her. amy took the joke well. she's a good sport. i will definitely miss my partner in crime in natasha, amy, and the rest of the people at the 101 federal office location when i leave work. it's too bad i suck at work.

No comments: