Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Suck At Weeding

this morning, i woke up bright and early to finish working on the trim for the closets within my bff (kerry)'s room. (kerry's room is the other bedroom in my house.) all i had to do was add a coat of polyurethane to the pieces of wood. so while i waited for the polyurethane to dry, i decided to work on the front lawn.

for those who do not know, karen and i had dug up front lawn. we did some sod-busting, we added new loam, we replanted grass seeds, etc. well, the good news is... the new grass is growing. the bad news is... there are weeds growing everywhere in the lawn.

this is one of the reasons why i hate working on landscaping/gardening projects... mother nature simply does not like me. i water the lawn... only to have the clouds pour... i plant grass... only to get weeds. in fact, my relationship with mother nature is almost like arch-nemesis proportions.

anyway, silly me, i decided to weed the front lawn while i waited for the polyurethane to dry. i suck at weeding... and i don't mean of the mary jane variety. although, if it were of the mary jane variety, i'd probably suck at that too because i wouldn't know how to smoke it. that's beside the point.

well, four hours later i managed to complete my weeding of the front lawn. the sad thing is... you still can't tell that i had pulled up all the weeds with my bare hands because there's just that many weeds in the lawn. curse you mother nature!

and to make things worse... i am sporting a styling farmer's tan. i hate having a tan. i would have weeded shirtless, but i didn't want to scare my neighbors. as it is, my neighbors probably already think i'm the town drunk who regurgitated everywhere and missed his own party. oh well...

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I only hope that I can enjoy my vacations as much as you do :)