Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Suck At Foodie's Feast

today was my third day at my new job.

as it turns out, part of the new employee orientation for my new company is the assignment of what is called a "buddy". according to my new company, a "buddy" is someone from another department who is assigned to you to show you around the company and the town itself.

my "buddy" happened to be suzy, who is a project manager. she lives in marblehead (where my new company is located). so, she was quite the knowledgeable tour guide when it came to learning about the town of marblehead.

part of the "buddy" program is lunch on the company. we ended up at a place called foodie's feast. now, i suck at foodie's feast. i've never been there. in fact, i've never been to many of the places around marblehead.

(pictured below is the entrance to foodie's feast.)


foodie's feast was delicious. i had a turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce. as a side, i tried the barley salad. both were very good. (cue yum-o sound.) i was actually hesitant about the barley salad... especially since i had my sandwich on 7 grain bread... that's a lot of grains... luckily everything was good.

anyway, i had great time with my "buddy". suzy even got me a map of marblehead. i'm now looking forward to exploring more of the town of marblehead. i hear marblehead has very nice beaches... not that i'm a beach guy or anything. i just happen to enjoy beautiful things.