Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Still Suck At Installing Bifold Doors

the home improvement projects never seem to end.

with the pieces of wood stained and waxed, i spent most of today framing the finished opening and installing bifold doors for the other closet in "kerry's room" (the other bedroom in the addition). for the record, i still suck at installing bifold doors.

the highlight of today's project was the slight scrape i received above my left eye. karen thinks i am accident prone. i, on the other hand, like to think it is the fact that i work on a large number of home improvement projects that there are more opportunities to get some sort of injury. probabilities.

although after today's incident, i may be inclined to agree with karen. as i was framing the finished opening for the other closet area, i had loosely tacked the wood board to the stud with some nails. (by stud, i mean the wooden upright in the frame... not me... although please still feel free to think of me as a stud.)

anyway, with the wood board tacked up, i then went to reach for my drill (to drill more pilot holes for the nails). unfortunately, my drill was on the floor. naturally i bent over to pick the drill up. as i bent over... wham! the loosely tacked wooden board came crashing on my head.

needless to say, the board hurt. in fact, it still feels a little weird right now when i squint with my left eye. apparently, the wood board also warped the frame of my glasses... so much so that not only was the lens popping out, the temples (the part of the eyeglass that extends over the ear) were also bent at an awkward angle.

luckily, there was no blood. after reshaping the frames of my eyeglasses, i finished framing the opening for the bifold doors. the framing took forever... unless of course it was simply the fact that i had been knocked unconscious from the wood board which caused the time to pass so quickly.

anyway, the bifold doors were soon installed.
(pictured below are the bifold doors to the other closet in kerry's room.)



(so as to not to be confused with the bifold doors installed the other day, pictured below is the other bifold door in kerry's room with the finished trim.)



i hope kerry likes the new closet doors to her room.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

you wound yourself to put up closets in "my" room - of course I love them :)