Sunday, June 1, 2008

I Still Suck At Personal Training

today, i may have had my last session as a personal trainer. i still suck at personal training. i only hope that my efforts have been enough to help my favorite sister-in-law (janine) reach her fitness goals whether or not she wins the ymca's mad dash competion.

anyway, the ymca's 10 week mad dash competition is nearing completion. (the mad dash is the ymca's version of the biggest loser.) thus, janine wanted to do one more workout before the dreaded final weigh in. as proof that i still suck at personal training, janine was not even sore after the bosu workout. apparently, i was too easy on her.

in retrospect, i probably should have ran her through more push-up exercises. janine absolutely hates doing push-ups. normally, i derive some pleasure in making people do exercises that they absolutely hate. today, however, i had removed a number of push-up exercises from the normal routine in favor of some additional abdominal exercises at the request of janine... which we did not complete all of due to time contraints. i'll know better the next time... if there is a next time for my bosu army. i'm definitely getting soft...

regardless, good luck janine! i hope she does well in the mad dash.

1 comment:

J9 said...

I am sore today...I hope that makes you feel better. I will be back for more....we need a bigger army. Perhaps I will be able to lift my legs by myself next time (man, that just sounds awful!)