Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Still Suck At Scollay Square

this is not a mistake. you are not seeing double. this post is also about scollay square. yes, i still suck at scollay square.

today, i had my last lunch in town with my friend (hot amy). if the weather was any indication (with the pouring rain), this last lunch was a sad event for me. the original plan was for me to have lunch with hot amy and her boss (shirley). shirley is quite the character. in fact, i refer to shirley as my mom... not because she has done any motherly things for me or anything. (well, she did offer suggestions on looking for a new job i suppose.)

a long while ago, one of hot amy's coworkers saw me hanging out with hot amy. her coworker thought we were a couple or something. maybe it was the hand holding that gave it away... the long walks on the beaches together... the constant make out sessions... i don't know. (i'm kidding of course). obviously, hot amy set her coworker straight. so as to not confuse any of her other coworkers, i suggested that i should pass myself off as shirley's son because shirley and i are genetically similar. hence, shirley became my "mom"... which i happened to mention to some random people at her work once.

anyway, the original plan was to have one last lunch with hot amy and shirley. unfortunately, shirley could not attend. she had to attend a lunch with one of her closest friends who also was leaving. (yes, i'm apparently the black sheep.) needless to say, it was just hot amy and me. as hot amy had a craving for mac 'n cheese... we ended up... where else? but scollay square.

it was my last delicious taste of mac 'n cheese in town. (cue rachael ray's "yum-o" sound.) needless to say, as always it was a great lunch with hot amy. as it turns out... i also learned that st. ann's may need to brush up on their teaching skills when it comes to writing. when hot amy was signing the check, i noticed the way she was holding the pen. it was quite peculiar and it immediately made me think of the odd way that karen grips her pen when she writes. naturally, i am wondering if my other friends (pam and andrea) and my favorite sister-in-law (janine) grip their writing utensils differently as well. oh well.

(pictured below is hot amy in the rain... leaving scollay square...)


so long scollay square!