Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Suck At The Ashburton Cafe

on tuesday, shortly after retiring my art project, i decided to try something i have never done before... take two lunch breaks in the course of a single day. my reasoning for the two lunch breaks involved the fact that the multiple lunches would pass the time at work and it would also allow me to see more of my friends before i left my current company.

the first lunch break was at the ashburton cafe. now, i suck at the ashburton cafe. the ashburton cafe is located on ashburton place in boston. in fact, the ashburton cafe is located on the bottom floor of the building that my friend (hot amy) happens to work at. (pictured below is hot amy at the ashburton cafe.)



anyway, hot amy had diversity training for the day and... me being diverse and all... decided to help her out by having lunch with her. i must say, the food is surprisingly very good at the ashburton cafe. i had a chicken salad sandwich (and actually part of hot amy's sandwich). it was very good. the chicken salad had cranberries and walnuts in it. (cue "yum-o" sound.)

in case anyone was curious, amy had to define what diversity meant. sounds like a thrilling class. (if only she could define what her term of "intellectual" means.) i do, however, suppose the class was somewhat insightful. after all, i found out that the term "hermaphrodite" is now considered derogatory. the correct term is "intersexual". who knew? apparently i may need diversity training... which probably isn't surprising for those of you who know me and know my disdain for all things asian growing up.

anyway, as usual it was a fun and interesting lunch with hot amy.

No comments: