Sunday, June 29, 2008

I Suck At Meredith's Cookout

today was one of those days where karen and i were overbooked.

in fact this overbooking will probably be an annual tradition because of the fireworks celebration for the fourth of july. this year's fireworks celebration took place today. (the fireworks are ignited from wessagusset beach in weymouth. i believe braintree also had fireworks today too.)

as it turns out, my friend (meredith) lives in weymouth. my other friend (hot amy) lives in quincy... in particular, hough's neck... which overlooks the water. anyway, both of them usually have an annual cookout. thus, karen and i try to make both of them within the given day.

after a brief visit from my friend (andrea), karen and i started the cookout/fireworks celebration at meredith's. (andrea stopped by on her way to the cape to borrow some dvds of the show "lost"... such a good show... she's addicted now to the show.)

after picking up my friends (marc and kelley), we headed off to meredith's cookout. i suck at meredith's cookout. as usual, i stuffed myself silly. i couldn't resist the tempting food. in particular, i couldn't resist the corn on the cob.

(pictured below is kelley and marc at the cookout.)


in the event anyone is curious, meredith grills great tasting corn on the cob. apparently, her secret recipe (although it really isn't a secret) involves buttering the corn, adding salt and pepper, and wrapping the corn on the cob in tin foil, before throwing it on the grill. (cue rachael ray's "yum-o" sound.)

needless to say, i ate three ears of corn. i'm sure my bowels will thank me later for eating three ears of corn. i couldn't resist the yellow goodness (which is something you won't hear me say a lot... not just because of my affinity for asians... just kidding). the corn on the cob was very delicious.

don't get me wrong, i didn't stuff myself purely on corn alone. i had a cheeseburger, a hot dog, some chicken wings, and kielbasa too. dr. atkins would have been proud of me... well, if it weren't for the corn. yum... corn. i probably would have eaten more than three ears of corn had i not had another cookout to attend.

nonetheless, it was great to see meredith. she is a true sweetheart and i had a great time at her cookout. plus, hanging out with my friends is also a bonus.

No comments: