Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Still Suck At Work

with still nothing to do during my last week at work, i decided to be creative to pass the time away. yep, i still suck at work.

so in the interest of creativity, i raided the company supply cabinet. i found a glossy white folder, a glossy blue folder, envelope adhesive, and double sided tape. lucky for me, i had scissors already at my desk.

with all the supplies now sitting at my desk, i started cutting away. on our floor, the desks have a slight wall that is a little bit shorter than the height of the computer monitor that sits on the desk. my coworkers (particular tim and kristen) were wondering what i was doing at my desk because all they could see was me with a pair of scissors and pieces flying around.

anyway, i told them it was a surprise and cut some more shapes out of the folders. i even grabbed some heavy books from the book shelf next to my desk to add weight onto the glued pieces. as it turned out, i had to switch to using the double sided tape because the envelope adhesive did not stick too well.

when all was said and done, i revealed by creation. (picture below is my creation. it's a baseball jersey with my phone extension.)



my coworkers are part of the red sox nation. so they got a nice chuckle out of my creative project. they had even considered having a retirement ceremony for the jersey at lunch time. unfortunately, i already had plans for lunch.

needless to say, i just stuck the retired jersey on the wall, much like how it's done at baseball stadiums. i give it a couple of days before the owner of the company goes ballistic and takes my art project down. the owner of the company is quite particular about things.

No comments: