Friday, July 17, 2009

I Suck At Waiting

Last night began the Netflix Ryan Reynolds double feature. Women of the world... rejoice!

I have a feeling that Karen is a fan of Ryan Reynolds. Sure, what's not to like about Ryan Reynolds? He's cute. He's rich. He's funny. Heck, he even has a nice body which he seems to always show off in his movies these days. He even might be one of my friend's (Marc) man-crush.

Anyway, Karen wanted to watch "Waiting", which is a movie starring Ryan Reynolds, Justin Long (the Mac guy), and Anna Faris. Dane Cook is also in the movie. Apparently, Karen heard it was a good movie from one of her friends. I suspect the reason was due to Ryan Reynolds. I suck at Waiting.

(The video below is a trailer for "Waiting".)


So naturally, the movie entered the Netflix queue. Karen seemed pretty excited to watch the movie last night.

In my opinion, the movie was okay. The movie had its funny moments. It was not terrible by any means. Up next in the Ryan Reynolds double feature is "Just Friends". We'll see how that movie goes.

Interestingly enough, it was actually a Justin Long double feature too. Karen and I had previously watched "He's Just Not That Into You" the other night. As it turned out, Justin Long was in that movie as well.

For anyone curious, "He's Just Not That Into You" is very predictable for a chick-flick. It was enjoyable, but predictable. For a movie about relationships, it definitely did not help women learn anything about relationships with its ending.

And of course, to round out my vast movie selection... I watched the new "Friday the 13th" the same night I watched "He's Just Not That Into You". That was also predictable and silly. Interestingly enough, it was an Aaron Yoo double feature of sorts because he was in "Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist" that we watched one of the previous nights. I'm on a double feature roll!

Needless to say, "Friday the 13th" was good for a laugh. After all, what other movie can have the line, "Your tits are stupendous"? I will need to find a way to use that line someday.