Monday, July 27, 2009

I Suck At Dental Appointments

Today I had my semi-annual appointment with my dentist. After all, oral health is very important. (There is a joke in there... somewhere...) Whenever I go to the dentist, I worry that I will hear those dreadful words: "You have cavities". Speaking of which, that reminds me: "We make holes in teeth!"

(The video below is a commercial for Crest.)


My dentist is located in Quincy. I like my dentist and my dental hygienist (Joan). Too bad I suck at dental appointments.

As usual, I arrived early for my appointment. It turns out, I was the first schedule person today. Lucky me! I got to be the first person to christen that white drain thing next to the dental chair where you rinse your mouth out.

Anyway, I found out that my dentist brought his daughter to SkyVenture New Hampshire yesterday for her birthday. For anyone curious, SkyVenture is an indoor simulator for sky diving. The place sounds really fun.

I think I would like to try SkyVenture someday. If the whole free falling within an indoor tunnel seems okay, then perhaps I would do the real thing and actually jump out of a plane. That would be wild. Of course, jumping out of a plane would probably give Karen a heart attack... so I may need to rethink that.

When all was said it done, my dentist told me the good news: no cavities. Yay! Granted, he also told me to ease up on my brushing (as I have been apparently brushing too hard), but at least I have no cavities.