Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Suck At Buffy The Vampire Slayer

On the agenda tonight for my weekly get together with my friends (Marc and Kelley) was the start of Season 5 for Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now, I suck at Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Perish the thought, but around season 5 of the greatest television show ever is where (in my opinion) Angel was actually a little more interesting. Season 5 of Buffy introduces Buffy's sister, Dawn. Angel had Darla.

But before all of us could dive into Buffy, we ordered a little take out from the Falafel King located in Quincy. I love the Falafel King. The food is always delicious there. (Cue Rachael Raye's "Yum-O" sound.) When I used to work in town, my usual at the Falafel King consisted of the falafel sandwich. Since then, I have branched out. My new usual has become the lamb shawarma plate.

If dinner were not delicious enough, Kelley also made her famous chocolate chip cookies. I love Kelley's chocolate chip cookies. I could probably eat a whole bunch of them at one sitting... which may be an interesting challenge.

Anyway, the episodes of Buffy that we watched included: "Buffy vs. Dracula", about the legendary prince of darkness himself; "Real Me", about Dawn; "The Replacement", about Xander being split in two; and "Out of My Mind", about Riley's irregular heartbeat.

It's tough to say which episode I enjoyed the most. As an interesting tidbit of information, Tom Lenk appeared in the "Real Me" episode as one of Harmony's vampire minions. Tom Lenk would later join the cast as Andrew. Regardless, the four episodes were enough to finish off the first DVD disc. So on the agenda next is Angel. Yay!

Following the episodes of Buffy, we decided to unwind with a little Wipeout episode. Apparently, this episode of Wipeout was a special "couples" episode. Winning the prize tonight was the couple that I had personally rooted for. The only reason I had rooted for them, aside from the fact that the other couple was a scary muscularly looking (and bizarre) couple, was because the guy could do a moose impression. And for anyone curious, no... I am not a muscle-ist (a made-up word for one who discriminates against muscular people) like my friend (Hot Amy).

And by moose impression, I don't mean he made moose noises. The guy was this lanky pasty white guy. He took off his shirt, inflated his stomach, and placed his hands (palms out) next to his nipples to make the appearance of antlers. It was a rather amazing sight. It was also amazing that this tall lanky guy was actually pretty good at the show.

Needless to say, it was a good time as usual. Interestingly enough, Karen and I learned that Marc had a bite on his leg that looked similar to mine. I wonder if he received it at the Union Brew House in Weymouth, like I did. If so, the bugs there must be mean because both Marc and I still have the red marks from the bites. If my favorite sister-in-law (Janine) were there, she would probably blame it on the town of Weymouth. Weymouth... (shake fist...)

No comments: