Monday, July 6, 2009

I Suck At Meredith's Wedding

saturday was our independence day... happy fourth of july!

in celebration of the fourth of july, karen and i were invited to a wedding. my friend (meredith) was getting married at the red parrot in hull. now, i suck at meredith's wedding. the celebration was actually very nice.

according to karen, the ceremony was one of the more touching ones that she has been to. i think what was really touching about the wedding was that you could see the excitement on the face of the groom (doug). anxious... nervous... his face and actions said it all. and then when meredith walked in, you could hear him whisper how beautiful she looked. it was rather nice.

(pictured below are meredith and doug.)


prior to the wedding, my friends (marc, kelley, garv, leeann), karen and i had attended a cookout at my friends's (ron and trinh). ron and trinh are simply amazing. they always serve great food. they always throw a great party. their place is like a vacation resort... the next time i vacation somewhere, i may vacation in pembroke (which is where ron and trinh live).

ron and trinh's cookout was great. it was a lot of fun. i got to relax and hang out with my friends. my friend (aimee) also showed up. probably the most memorable part of the cookout... aside from hearing that leeann received blunt force trauma to the head courtesy of a door at her house... was garv's giddiness over a shirtless friend of ours (bill).

needless to say, garv only further perpetuated the running joke about his torrid gay love affair with bill... with all the taunts about a shirtless bill. it was rather comical to watch. i joke because i care. in fact, i care so much that i dressed up like garv for meredith's wedding.

following ron's cookout, a bunch of us went back to our place to get ready for meredith's wedding. not trusting my own ability to pick out an outfit for the wedding, karen went through my clothes and selected a few things for me to wear. it turns out, the things karen pulled out for me to wear were almost identical to what garv had brought to change into.

you can imagine the surprise when i emerged... fully dressed for the wedding... to see garv in a similar outfit: striped shirt... steve maddon shoes... it was as though i were looking at my twin... with the exception that i don't use product in my hair... or have a high forehead. i'm just teasing. but it was rather funny.

garv and i even joked about playing a prank on doug's family while at the wedding... since we were dressed similarly, but we didn't. instead, we just perpetuated the stereotype that all asians look the same.

anyway, meredith's wedding was great. my friends (cass and ellen), who were in the wedding party, met up with us and we laughed and hung out like the old times. it was just fun to hang out with my friends and be silly. in fact, i even got to briefly reprise my role as exotic... and erotic... dancer. (trust me, it's not something you want to see.)

congratulations and thanks, meredith!

No comments: