Friday, July 17, 2009

I Suck At Packing

Tonight, Karen and I started packing for our vacation. I suck at packing. Perhaps that is why my suitcase has very little in it, yet is hard to shut... while Karen's suitcase has a lot of things in it and is reasonably easy to zipper shut.

Anyway, tomorrow Karen, my friend (Andrea), my BFF (Kerry), and I are heading off to the Cape for a week of relaxation and fun. The vacation could not come at a better time. Work has been stressful. Our car recently has had some major repairs done. The first floor bathroom is still in disarray. And today, I learned that Karen and I might have to clear out our garage for some remodeling project courtesy of Home Depot.

Needless to say, there has been a lot on my mind lately. So, it'll be good to utter those magic words of "Calgon, take me away" and escape for a week with some friends. For anyone curious, my friends and I are headed to the town of Onset.

I have never gone to the Cape (if Onset is considered being in "the Cape") to vacation for a week. Growing up, my parents were generally too busy busting their butts to provide for my brother and I. So there were very few family vacations. Regardless, I am looking forward to this vacation. I think it will be a fun time.

Besides, what is there not to like? Free time... Hanging out with friends... Lauging and being silly... Hopefully good weather. I'm sure it will be fun. Perhaps this will even turn into an annual tradition. Who knows?

Anyway, I must be somewhat excited about the trip because after packing (which I really do suck at), I am not feeling tired at all. As my niece has been known to say in her efforts to stay awake and not go to bed when company is over... "I'm not tired!" I am not tired.

In fact, I'm wasting time right now listening to Stellastarr's "My Coco"... over and over again... which I have been known to do with songs. Because the video embedding has been disabled, here is the link to the YouTube video: My Coco. I guess it beats the Glee cast version of "Don't Stop Believing".

No comments: