Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Suck At Eating Mold

It may be all in my head, but right now... I don't feel too good.

In a move that is similar to my scallop incident from a while ago, I ate mold. Now, I suck at eating mold. Well... apparently I really don't suck too much at eating mold because I just ate mold.

And for anyone curious, the infamous scallop incident refers to the time a group of my friends and I went out to celebrate my friend's (Garv) birthday. At least, I think it was for Garv. We had gone to the Apollo in Chinatown. My eyes lit up when a plate of raw scallops had come by our table. So naturally, I grabbed one and put it in my mouth... only to get hit in the back of the head by Karen... which caused me to spit the scallop back onto the plate because the scallop was raw. Yes, very delicious.

Anyway, I did not purposely set out to eat mold. It just sort of happened. Awhile ago, Karen had made some beer bread. We never finished the entire loaf. Instead, we threw the remaining bread in Tupperware and into the refrigerator.

Fast forward to today: I went rummaging through the refrigerator and saw the bread during my lunch break. So, I pulled out the Tupperware container and a container of hummus to spread on the bread.

There were only two pieces of bread in the Tupperware container. I started spreading the hummus on one of the two pieces. CHOMP! I took one big bite... CHOMP! I took another bite. With the half eaten piece in my hand, I looked at the bread. Something had caught my eye: a little friendly blue spore.

Naturally, I took a peek at the other piece of bread in the Tupperware container. The other piece of bread had speckles of mold all over it. Nice. It figures.

Needless to say, I didn't finish the rest of the bread. Instead, I put the bread to good use: the bread is sitting in my compost bin now. Anyway, I currently have that "I'm hungry, yet I'm grossed out" feel.

If I end up in the hospital today, at least you will know why.

No comments: