Friday, July 10, 2009

I Suck At Nick And Nora's Infinite Playlist

Last night, I was invited to dinner with my in-laws. In general, whenever Karen and I get invited to my in-laws for dinner during the week, Karen's father cooks up a good pasta meal complete with bread. I don't exactly know what my father-in-law adds to the pasta sauce, but it is very delicious. Last night was no different.

Needless to say, it was nice to hang out with my in-laws. I guess I'm actually lucky that way in that I do get along very well with my in-laws. I hear horror stories from people I know about their in-laws. To my knowledge, my in-laws like me. (I could be wrong about that, of course.) I do, however, still think my favorite sister-in-law's (Janine) husband (PJ) is the favorite though... not that it's a competition or anything.

Anyway, it was a good dinner. Following dinner, Karen and I decided to sit back, relax, and enjoy a movie... complements of Netflix. (For anyone curious, it was the sixth movie I have seen his joining Netflix at the end of June.) The movie: Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist. Now I suck at Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist.

(The video below is a clip from the movie.)


When the movie first came out, I was slightly curious about the movie because it looked like one of those generic cheesy teeny-bopper movies. And if anyone knows me, they know that I do enjoy teeny-bopper movies... like "John Tucker Must Die" or "Bring It On", etc. Heck, I even enjoy the Fox television show "Glee".

Anyway, the movie was ok. Michael Cera plays... well... the same character that he always plays in his other movies. Personally, I think the best character in the movie was Caroline (the drunk girl in the video clip above), played by Ari Graynor of Fringe fame. (Ari Graynor was also born in Boston.)

The movie was not spectacular or anything like that, but it was enjoyable. I did not know that the movie was actually based on a book of the same name by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. Nevertheless, the movie was a good way to kill some time.

No comments: