Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Suck At Street Fighter: The Legend Of Chun-Li

Following the Conservation Commission meeting, I did want any normal person would do when they got home: watch television.

It just so happens that my next set of movies from Netflix came yesterday. So on the agenda for the night: "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li". Now, I suck at Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. Heck, I'm even not that good at the video game "Street Fighter". But, with Karen asleep, I figured that I might as well watch the movie.

(The video below is the the trailer for Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.)


For anyone curious, the movie is based on the video game character: Chun-Li. As far as movies based on video games go, this one was not that bad. By no means was the movie going to win an academy award. At the same time, I liked the movie a hell of a lot better than some of the other movies based on video games.

Perhaps I enjoyed the movie because of Kristin Kreuk, who plays Chun-Li. For anyone curious, Kristin Kreuk also played Fiona in "Eurotrip" and probably more notable: Lana Lang in "Smallville". She's cute... and shockingly half Chinese. (Her other half is Dutch.)

Of course, I couldn't just watch one movie last night. I actually ended up watching another movie courtesy of my Netflix queue: Pineapple Express.

(The video below is part of M.I.A's "Paper Planes", which was also featured in the movie "Slumdog Millionaire".)


Pineapple Express was okay. It was a typical Seth Rogen movie. James Franco was definitely the better of the two. And might I add: Rosie Perez... has aged a lot since "White Men Can't Jump". And probably most interesting of all... Ed Begley, Jr. was in the movie. Yay Ed!