Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Suck At Angel

Last night, my friends (Marc and Kelley) made tacos. As usual, the dinner was great. Kelley even made her delicious muffins for dessert. Like her chocolate chip cookies, her muffins are very yummy. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-o" sound.)

Speaking of Kelley, yesterday was her first time using new contacts. She seemed to be enjoying them. I am sometimes jealous of people who can wear contacts. It's not that I technically cannot wear contacts. I simply have trouble touching my eye... let alone both eyes. Heck, I even have trouble using eye drops (not that I have used eye drops in quite a long time). I can't even imagine what it takes to remove a contact lens from an eye. I have been told the process is a simple pinch... which since I can't even touch my eye only makes the task seem that more difficult.

Anyway, on the agenda for the night was Angel. I suck at Angel. We were actually able to make it through the first disc of season 2. The episodes watched were: "Judgment" which introduced Lorne and the karaoke bar known as Caritas; "Are You Now or Have You Ever Been" about the haunted hotel which would become their new headquarters; "First Impressions" about Cordelia helping Gunn; and "Untouched" about an abused telekinetic.

Needless to say, the episodes were great. Following Angel, we were also able to catch the latest episode of Wipeout as well. That show is always good for a laugh or two. It's too bad that I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for the next installment of Buffy and/or Angel. I guess that's the one down side to taking a vacation next week.

1 comment:

Dre said...

Touching my eye to put contacts in freaked me out too...I have the same issue with eyedrops, even putting them in myself. That is why I went with laser surgery. Yes, we have had this conversation before.