Monday, December 8, 2008

I Suck At Ordering Jewelry

two months ago, i posted that i wore a medical bracelet that was issued to karen and me when my son (braden michael) was born. in my efforts to never forget about my late son who shortly passed away after birth, i wore the medical bracelet until finally... the bracelet snapped.

i had debated about how i would remember braden since that moment. i thought about getting another bracelet. there were even suggestions for tattoos from some of my friends. (i would like to thank everyone again who suggested ideas. i really do appreciate it.) in the end, i decided on a simple charm with braden's footprint etched on it. his name is also engraved on the back of the charm.

(pictured below is the charm with braden's footprint.)


anyway, karen and i had to order the charm. (karen ordered a ring for herself with braden's footprints engraved around the ring... as though braden were walking around the ring.) well, today the jewelry finally arrived. it's too bad i suck at ordering jewelry. in typical fashion... because nothing seems to go according to plan these days... part of the jewelry order was missing. the piece of jewelry that my parents ordered did not come in. so obviously, there is the headache of tracking that down to figure out what had happened with that order.

i should not be surprised... after all... very little has been easy in the past months. aside from that, however, i am quite happy to have my charm. i feel like i can fiddle around with the charm forever. (i'm actually playing with it now as i type this.) i guess you could say it is just my way of playing with my son since i won't really have that opportunity in life.

4 comments:

J9 said...

It is beautiful. My dad was just saying how much he loves his too and he showed it to everyone at work.

Anonymous said...

i love it! karen's ring sounds beautiful too!

Kerry said...

good choice Mike - I am so happy that you guys got the jewelry before Christmas!

Anonymous said...

The charm is so sweet. It is more detailed than I imagined. I think you might be happier with the charm than the tattoo...tattoo's aren't for everybody but if you change your mind, I will go with you when you get one.