Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I Suck At Fantasy Football

as of monday, my fantasy football season is mercifully over. my fantasy team unfortunately did not make the playoffs. yes, i suck at fantasy football.

this was my inaugural year in the fantasy football league that my friends are a part of. i was not really expecting much from the football league because in the past, i heard about the constant bickering and discord that took place. i was, however, pleasantly surprised that there were no incidents this year, perhaps because my friends knew about my hesitation in joining the league for those reasons.

needless to say, the fantasy football league was fun. my team finished a mediocre 7-7 (7 wins and 7 losses), which is not that bad with all things considered. as a special bonus, i achieved my goal of not finishing dead last... although i was pretty close to the bottom in the standings (9th place). sadly, my good luck charm... that being my friend (anna)... could not help my fantasy team this year. (i named my team after anna... for no reason other than the name seemed to fit. plus, her birthday is on christmas, so i figured there had to be some luck in that, right?... apparently not.)

anyway, hopefully next year... if i participate in the league again... i will fare better. now that i have one season under my belt, i will know what to expect for next season.