Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Suck At Being Dehydrated

tonight, karen and i had tentative plans to see my friends (hugh and jenny). hugh was the best man at my wedding and jenny actually went to grade school with karen. we also ended up running track and field together in high school... which actually led to one of the more memorable moments i have had with my bff (kerry). anyway, karen and i have not seen the two of them since my son's (braden) funeral service. (karen actually saw jenny at her high school reunion though.)

unfortunately, we had to cancel our plans with hugh and jenny so that we could visit the hospital. for the past few days, my niece (kaleigh) has been a little under the weather. after their family trip to disney, my favorite sister-in-law (janine) came down with a bug. as janine got better, kaleigh soon started to get sick. i sometimes think janine's consitution rivals that of my friend (hot amy) who is always sick.

needless to say, kaleigh was admitted yesterday at the south shore hospital for her symptoms. karen and i took care of my nephew (pj) last night while janine and my favorite brother-in-law stayed with kaleigh in the hospital. i must say, it was initially unnerving to hear that kaleigh had to be admitted to the hospital... at least for me it was. after all, she is my favorite niece. (i only have one niece by the way.) luckily, kaleigh was dehyrdated. i suck at being dehydrated. granted, dehydration is not the best thing to have... but it beats having other terminal issues.

anyway, karen and i went to visit kaleigh tonight. it's a little strange. although karen and i have been back to the hospital since braden passed away, i still have memories about braden when i am there. (braden was born at south shore hospital.) i don't know if those memories will ever fade away.

(pictured below is kaleigh in the hospital bed.)


don't let the picture fool you. kaleigh is back to being her old self. she actually started to argue with my nephew (pj) over some food... this after little pj got her a little teddy bear for a present.

for anyone curious, we took my nephew to the cafeteria for dinner. and i must say... the food there is pretty good. i had a seafood salad sandwich... there was not that much mayo... yum! afterwards, we took pj to the gift shop so that he could pick out his present for kaleigh (and get a present for himself as well... a york peppermint patty).

anyway, as kaleigh was feeling better, she was discharged from the hospital. so, things are back to normal in janine and pj's household.

No comments: