Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Still Suck At Joe's American Bar And Grill

tonight, karen and i went out to dinner at joe's american bar and grill located in hanover. now, i still suck at joe's american bar and grill. it's been a little over two weeks since i was last at that restaurant. prior to that, i don't remember the last time i was at joe's american bar and grill.

anyway, one of the reasons why we were going there was because my friend (pam) was up from bon jovi's home state of new jersey. as pam was up visiting, she wanted to get together with everyone. thus, she organized the little get together which included my friends (jen, hot amy, andrea) and my favorite sister-in-law (janine).

it was a good thing that pam made reservations because there were a lot of us attending the dinner. i believe there were 13 of us... total (pam and her family, janine and her family, andrea, hot amy, jen, karen, and i). the dinner table was quite interesting... as we were seated at a long rectangular table, reminiscent of christ's last supper table.

for anyone who knows me, they know that i have a preference for round tables when it comes to large groups. i realize round tables are not practical for a restaurant because of the amount of space they require. nonetheless, i think round tables are more conducive to everyone partaking in the same conversation. generally from my experience, what usually happens is that one end of the table is talking about one thing while the other end of the table is talking about something else. even though my nephew (pj) came down to talk to hot amy numerous times, i would say that the aforementioned situation was the case tonight.

even though that was the case, it was nice because i got to talk to jen and hot amy as they were down by my end of the table. i really have not seen or spoken to either of them in quite some time. prior to seeing jen on christmas eve, i have not seen her since her pre-thanksgiving get-together. similarly, i have not seen hot amy since the same pre-thanksgiving get-together.

unfortunately, i didn't get much of a chance to talk with pam as she was down closer to the other end of the table... which was too bad... seeing as how she organized the dinner so that she could see everyone.

anyway, the food was delicious. although joe's did not have the butternut squash ravioli special that both karen and i loved the last time, they had a scallop special... served on spinach with rice pilaf. it was very good (cue rachael ray's "yum-o" sound). of course, i ate part of karen's turkey dinner as well... that was good too.

at the end of the dinner, it was a little funny. pj (my nephew, not my favorite brother-in-law... pj) asked pj (my favorite brother-in-law, not my nephew) for some money to give to hot amy. i wonder where my nephew learned about paying women... nonetheless, it was cute. (my nephew has a little crush on hot amy... and really... who doesn't? she has the moniker "hot" after all.)

all in all, it was a good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,
I'm so glad you and Karen were able to make it! I hate long tables too, you always seem to miss some good conversation!