Friday, May 9, 2008

I Suck At Scramble

yay! it's friday!

as i arrived to work early today, i decided to check my facebook account. i had a quick chuckle because on my profile page, there was a mini-feed that said i had just "dominated" a scramble board. for anyone curious, i had just finished a game with my friend (andrea).

needless to say, the mini-feed made me chuckle because i suck at scramble. okay, maybe i don't really suck at scramble. chalk up another item to add to my list of things that make me "exude awesomeness". first, i'm mr. walsh's favorite (second to ed of course)... and now scramble... just kidding.

anyway, for anyone who does not know, scramble is a facebook application that is pretty much the game of boggle. and for those who do not know what boggle is, boggle is game where you make words of at least three letters or more from a random board of letters within a given time frame.

i used to play boggle a lot growing up. boggle was one of the few games that my family had. i remember playing boggle a lot with my brother (back when my brother and i were pretty close). i remember how we had to shake the board with its hard plastic cover on top... the clanking noise of the cubes with the letters on them as they fell into the board... tapping the sides of the plastic cover to get all the cubes to fall neatly into the board. ah... the memories.

needless to say, playing scramble on facebook reminded me a lot of playing boggle when i was growing up. sadly, i'm still addicted to the game. i started playing when my coworker (sean) challenged me to a game. (yes, we were at work. it made the time go by much quicker.) it was the first game of scramble i had ever played and i lost handedly to him.

since that first and only defeat, i have gone on a rampage... leaving unsuspecting scramblers in a trail of word making dust. just kidding. i haven't lost since that first game. i was even tempted to issue an open challenge to my close friends and family... such that if anyone of them could beat me in a game of scramble, i'd get them lunch or something. i might even make lunch... that's how confident i am in my scramble abilities.

i'm really not that confident in my scramble abilities, but i was thinking the challenge could be fun for my friends and family by giving them some extra motivation or something. (because i know if i could score a free meal, i'd be all over that.) anyway, we'll see how it goes...